How can I use my license?
To use your license, please be sure to:
1) Log in to our website with your registered account:
2) Download and install your V-Ray ___ for ____ build from here: https://download.chaosgroup.com/
3) Download the License Server build from the following link, if not already installed:
4) Open your web browser and type into the browser: http://localhost:30304/#/. This will open the V-Ray License Server where you can log in with your registered account.
We have outlined full license-setup instructions for further reference of this process here.
In order to run V-Ray, you first need to get a license from the Chaos License Server. This is a separate piece of software that is installed with V-Ray.
To activate the Chaos License Server with your account, open your internet browser and go to http://localhost:30304.
You should see a button that says Online Licensing; click on it and select Enable (Sign in). You will be redirected to a page that will ask you to sign in with your Chaos account.
Once you’ve signed in with your account, your licenses will show up in the License Server. You can then begin and start using V-Ray.
If the page http://localhost:30304 doesn't open, you can follow the steps below to perform a License Server clean install.
1. Uninstall the Chaos License Server (Control Panel > Programs and Features).
2. Important: Open This PC (My Computer) and navigate to C:\Program files\Common files. Delete the ChaosGroup folder.
4. During the installation, click on Customize and uncheck the Activate box during installation. Click Install now. If you get any error messages, click the Ignore button (lower left side).
5. Once the installation is complete, open http://localhost:30304 in your web browser and activate Online licensing with your username.
1. Open Finder
2. Go to Applications > ChaosGroup > VRLService > OLS > Uninstall. Run Uninstall.
3. Once the uninstall is complete, click to close the Uninstall window.
4. Open Spotlight Search and type in “Terminal.”
5. Copy and paste the following two commands into the Terminal, one by one:
cd .ChaosGroup (press Enter)
rm -rf ssl logs bundles.json config* vrlclient.xml (press Enter)
6. Download the Chaos License Server from this link.
7. During the installation, click Customize and remove the checkmark from Activate.
8. Once the License Server is installed, a window will open; click Online Licensing, select Enable, and Sign in with your username.