ERROR 0x887A0007 calling
devices[i] -> d3dDevice-> GetDeviceRemovedReason()
The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because some
other application submitted invalid commands.
The calling application should re-create the device and continue.
Why does it happen?
The most common reason for this error message is insufficient GPU memory (VRAM), where the current project cannot fit into the available VRAM.
How to identify memory issues?
- Use a GPU memory monitoring software (ex. gpu-z, nvidia-smi) to track down the memory consumption during scene loading or high-quality rendering. If the VGPU memory is close to 100% at that time, then is highly possible to be running out of GPU memory.
- The rendering works fine with a less complex version of the current scene/project file
- Disable the Safe GPU allocations from the Edit > Preferences menu:
- For systems with 2 x GPUs and NVlink, try to disable SLI mode from Nvidia Control Panel (issue #LAV-1113)
- If multiple GPU devices are installed with different about of memory, disable the devices with less memory and use the device with the highest amount of memory.
- Optimize the scene to use fewer objects/materials.
- Consider purchasing a new GPU device with more memory available.
Additional GPU Memory Optimizations techniques could be found here.
In case the above solutions don't help, please open a new support ticket from here and include the following information:
- Archived file containing the entire project data
- Chaos Vantage log file, which can be found here: