The improved sky (cloud) model data are not installed. The improved sun and sky (cloud) model will not be used.
This error message, and also "Clouds were enabled, however the required data are missing. Switching off clouds. Map with the problem: <map_name>" error messages appear in cases where the Corona improved sky model, and/or clouds data are missing. Without these data, the improved sun and sky model cannot be used, instead legacy Hosek&Wilkie sky model will be used, and/or clouds will be disabled.
When installed correctly, the data can be found in C:\Program Files\Corona\prgSkyModel։
- PrgSkyModelData.dat - Sky data of the improved sky model
- PrgSunModelData.dat - Sun data of the improved sky model
- PrgCloudsModelData.dat - Clouds data
The data are installed by default when using the Corona installer in automatic mode. The possible reasons why they may be missing include:
- Using the "Unpack" option in the Corona installer (in such case the data are unpacked into the user-defined folder rather than into the expected C:\Program Files\Corona\prgSkyModel folder)
- Removing them from the default installation folder (possibly by mistake)
- Run the newest Corona version installer and reinstall Corona using the automatic mode
If the above solution does not seem to help:
- First, use the Unpack installation mode
See: How to install Corona manually using the "unpack files" option?
- Then, go to the unpacked folder, and move/copy the files in \Corona\prgSkyModel to