This error message, and also "Clouds were enabled, however the required data are missing. Switching off clouds. Map with the problem: <map_name>" error messages appear in cases where the Corona improved sky model, and/or clouds data are missing. Without these data, the improved sun and sky model cannot be used and instead the legacy Hosek&Wilkie sky model will be used, and/or clouds will be disabled.
When installed correctly, the data can be found in C:\Program Files\Corona\prgSkyModel as the files։
- PrgSkyModelData.dat - Sky data of the improved sky model
- PrgSunModelData.dat - Sun data of the improved sky model
- PrgCloudsModelData.dat - Clouds data
The data are installed by default when using the Corona installer in automatic mode. The possible reasons why they may be missing include:
- Using the "Unpack" option in the Corona installer (in such case the data are unpacked into the user-defined folder rather than into the expected C:\Program Files\Corona\prgSkyModel folder).
- Removing them from the default installation folder (possibly by mistake).
- Run the newest Corona version installer and reinstall Corona using the automatic mode.
If the above solution does not seem to help:
- First, use the Unpack installation option
See: How to install Corona manually using the "unpack files" option?
- Then, go to the unpacked folder, and move/copy the files in \Corona\prgSkyModel to