The daily builds are the newest, experimental versions of Corona intended mainly for testing purposes and to showcase the recently added features. They contain the latest bugfixes, but are not guaranteed to be stable, and in some cases can even damage scene files.
The first place to visit when looking for daily builds is our forum:
- New daily builds are announced in a form of a changelog (e.g. Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Changelog). You can get an email notification each time a new daily build is released (a new entry in the changelog is added) by using the "Notify" button on the forum.
- General discussion about a daily build and basic feedback can be shared in the dedicated discussion thread (e.g. Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion), however in case of encountering bugs or other issues it is best to report them directly to us.
Daily Builds Eligibility
- Everyone with an active license has access
- Can be also used with the trial license
- No requests / applications are necessary
Daily Builds - Rules
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Always make backups of important projects before opening them with a daily build installed! Daily builds may contain unfinished features and may not be stable - they may damage your scenes, freeze your 3ds Max, make you miss your deadline. Saving a scene with a daily build and opening it with a regular version of Corona is usually impossible. Use daily builds with caution and common sense.
User feedback is very important to us and drives Corona development, so if you encounter any bug in a daily build, please always report it to us. Here is how to do it correctly: How to report issues?
NO REPOSTING OF UNFINISHED FEATURES.
Although we do not require signing NDA beforehand, we ask you not to repost info/screenshots/videos of unfinished features outside of Corona website without explicitly stating that it comes from an experimental version. It could make Corona look unfinished or unstable to outsiders. When in doubt, ask first before reposting.
How to Install the Daily Builds
- Go to the dedicated Daily Builds Changelog forum thread here and download the newest daily build. The installers are always linked at the top of each new post, like this:
Alternatively, download the daily build installer from this shared folder.
If you are looking for the older builds, you can find them here.
- Run the installer and proceed with the installation as you would in the case of a regular Corona version.
- Start 3ds Max and check out the awesome new features and improvements!
Note 1: as with the regular versions of Corona , installing the Corona Material Library and the NVIDIA GPU AI Denoiser is optional. You can also download them once and install them from your disk instead of downloading them each time when installing Corona.
See: Material Library and NVIDIA GPU AI Denoiser
Note 2: when Corona 6 or newer is installed, it is possible to easily switch between the versions. This is useful for example if you want to compare the features or performance of the regular version of Corona with a daily build.
See: How to use multiloaders?
Note 3: it is fine to install a daily build over the currently installed version of Corona, however in case of any issues with the installation or 3ds Max start, the first thing to try is performing a fresh installation by uninstalling Corona from the Windows "Programs" list, and then installing the newest daily build again.
How to revert to the official release?
If you found out that a daily build is not working for you as expected, it crashes, or there are some other issues with it, please first report it to us. After submitting the report, you can revert to the stable version by simply running the Universal Installer and installing Corona again.
Note: no forward compatibility is guaranteed! Scenes saved with a newer version will be impossible to open with an older version!