3ds Max crashes as soon as I set Corona as active renderer!
This guide applies in case 3ds Max crashes to desktop as soon as Corona is selected as the active renderer in the 3ds Max Render Setup > Common window.
This issue is very rare, and unfortunately we are not sure what is causing it. The known solutions are:
- Installing all available Windows Updates (keep in mind that you may have to install all the updates, restart your PC, check for updates again, and repeat this process a few times until there are no new updates)
- Re-installing Windows completely (we recommend using Windows 10/11 or newer, with all updates)
Alternatively, please try the following:
- Close 3ds Max
- Go to http://localhost:30304/#/
- Enable Online licensing by logging in with your account (if not logged in already)
- Restart 3ds Max
- Select Corona as active renderer. There should be no crash now
If you are still experiencing the issue and the above solutions did not help you, please contact us.