This guide applies in case 3ds Max crashes to desktop as soon as Corona is selected as the active renderer in the 3ds Max Render Setup > Common window.
This issue is very rare, and unfortunately we are not sure what is causing it. The known solutions are:
- Installing all available Windows Updates (keep in mind that you may have to install all the updates, restart your PC, check for updates again, and repeat this process a few times until there are no new updates)
- Re-installing Windows completely (we recommend using Windows 10/11 or newer, with all updates)
Alternatively, please try the following:
- Close 3ds Max
- Go to http://localhost:30304/#/
- Enable Online licensing by logging in with your account (if not logged in already)
- Restart 3ds Max
- Select Corona as active renderer. There should be no crash now
If you are still experiencing the issue and the above solutions did not help you, please contact us.