Activating Corona for Cinema 4D
Note: this guide applies only to activating Corona 8 or newer.
If you need help activating Corona Renderer 7 or older, see: Activating Corona Renderer 7 (and older) for Cinema 4D
The New Licensing
Starting with version 8, Corona comes with an updated licensing mechanism. Here are the basic facts:
- This is the same licensing mechanism that is used in V-Ray and other Chaos products.
- To start using Corona, download it, install it, start Cinema 4D, set Corona as your active Renderer, go to the Corona menu (at the top of the Cinema 4D window) > About, and click on "Activate license":
- You will see the Chaos License Server open in your internet browser:
- Sign in with your registered email address and password (the same you are using to activate Corona or other Chaos products):
- If you have an active Corona license, you are done - your license is now activated! You can just return to Cinema 4D and start rendering right away.
- If you do not have an active subscription, you will see a dialog box open in Cinema 4D where you can click "Activate Trial", which will add a license for the Trial onto your Chaos account - and now you are done, your license is activated!
See also: Activating a Chaos Corona trial for C4D & 3ds Max
- ForCorona Premiumlicense, to download the other Chaos Products included (Chaos Phoenix, Chaos Scans, Chaos Player), please visit the Chaos Downloads Page
If you need any help activating Corona or any other product, please contact us.