Activating Corona for 3ds Max
Note: this guide applies only to activating Corona 8 or newer.
If you need help activating Corona Renderer 7 or older, see:
Activating Corona Renderer 7 (and older) for 3ds Max
The New Licensing
Starting with version 8, Corona comes with an updated licensing mechanism. Here are the basic facts:
- This is the same licensing mechanism that is used in V-Ray and other Chaos products.
- To start using Corona, download it, install it, start 3ds Max, set Corona as your active renderer, go to Render Setup > System > About Corona, and click “Activate license”:
- You will see the Chaos License Server open in your internet browser:
- Sign in with your registered email address and password (the same you are using to activate Corona or other Chaos products):
- If you have an active Corona subscription, you are done - your license is now activated! You can just return to 3ds Max and start rendering right away.
- If you do not have an active subscription, you will see a dialog box open in 3ds Max where you can click "Activate Trial", which will add a license for the Trial onto your Chaos account - and now you are done, your license is activated!
See also: Activating a Chaos Corona trial for C4D & 3ds Max
- For Corona Premium license, to download the other Chaos Products included (Chaos Phoenix, Chaos Scans, Chaos Player), please visit the Chaos Downloads Page
If you need any help activating Corona or any other product, please contact us.