Chaos Support remote sessions disclaimer
On rare occasions, Chaos Support may not be able to provide a direct solution for the issue faced by the user in a phone call, email, or forum response. This usually happens when the issue is related to a specific software or hardware configuration.
If this is the case, Chaos Support may request a remote session with the user. The remote session is used to inspect if there is a system issue that interrupts the proper functioning of the Chaos product.
The remote session process consists of two steps: Booking a remote session and Establishing a remote session.
Note: Remote sessions with Chaos Support are initiated at the support agent's discretion only. Requesting a remote session without providing detailed information about the issue is not possible.
Book a remote session with Chaos Support
- Follow the appointments page link provided by the support agent.
- Choose a convenient day and time for the session:
- Provide the additional details in the pop-up window:
- After clicking on the Book button you are confirming your booking request. The system will automatically send you an email and calendar event for the meeting with additional information. It's recommended to check the Establishing Remote Session steps in advance to prepare yourself for the meeting.
Establishing a Remote Session
- On the appointment day and hour click on the Session Link provided in the email or the calendar event;
- A new browser will pop up and the TeamViewerQS application will start downloading automatically:
When the download is completed, start the TeamViewerQS application and confirm the Team Viewer disclaimer. If you are on a macOS you need to manually allow TeamViewerQS from Accessibility and Screen Recording tabs, you can find how to do this here.
Note: If another Team Viewer application is up and running it needs to be shut down before launching TeamViewerQS.
Add your name and email address in the respective fields in the application:
- The support agent is notified when you are ready for the session, so they can request access to your computer. After your confirmation, the support agent is able to see your screen and control your mouse and keyboard:
Setting up TeamViewer on macOS
- If the support agent doesn't connect in a few minutes you can send them a chat message from the chat button on the bottom-left corner.
- During the remote session, the support agent may request some more information from you via chat or voice call.
- A feedback form pops up at the end of the remote session. We would love to hear how satisfied you are with the remote session!