This article provides information on how to submit your request to Chaos 3D Support and upload your files for further investigation.
You can open a ticket through the Submit a request form on support.chaos.com website and also upload all files via encrypted SendSafely platform.
Projects up to 100 gigabytes can be uploaded via the link, with a limit of 99 files.
Please click "Add a file" to upload files instead of dragging and dropping them. Make sure all files are loaded and click "Submit."
To archive the project with all the necessary assets to properly test the scene, use the listed tools for the dedicated host application:
- V-Ray for 3ds Max: File > Archive
- V-Ray for Maya: File > Archive Scene
- V-Ray for Cinema 4D: File > Save Project with Assets
- V-Ray for Houdini: V-Ray > Pack Scene
- V-Ray for SketchUp: Extensions > V-Ray > Pack Project tool
- V-Ray for Rhino: V-Ray > Pack Project tool
- Blender: File > External Data > Pack All Into .blend
V-Ray for Revit: Save .rvt + linked files (if they are available). Enable Export as Archive in V-Ray Settings > Paths & Sharing, after that export V-Ray Scene.
Revit Pack Example
For more details on what information is needed to troubleshoot specific scenes please check the following article: Submitting scene-related reports to Chaos Support.