- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core 32-Threads.
- Motherboard: Asus X570 Crosshair 7 DarkHero.
- System Memory: 128 GB DDR4 3200 CL18.
- GPUs: RTX 4080, RTX 3080, RTX 2080, GTX 1080.
- Bandwidth: PCIe Gen 4.0, x8.
- OS: Windows 11 Pro.
- Nvidia Studio drivers 536.40.
- No monitors attached to the GPU(s).
We have tested 4 scenes on this hardware using Progressive mode, the results are double checked. The scene are setup carefully to push the GPUs to 100% usage, to ensure accurate results. All tests run for at least one full minute
Pascal to Turing shows average 1.6X speedup in CUDA
Turing to Ampere shows average 2.4x speedup in CUDA and 2.53x in RTX
Ampere to Ada shows average 1.87x speedup in CUDA and 1.86x in RTX
We tested the same scenes between the RTX 3090 and RTX 4090, there is 2.15x speedup in CUDA and 2.2x speedup in RTX
Note: this scene includes thousands of leaves and grass objects, and has all shading baked to textures, hence showing a big boost for RTX mode. In most cases CUDA mode should be close to RTX mode in performance.
V-Ray GPU shows very good performance scaling on the latest NVidia GPU generations, nearly doubling the performance every generation.