This message occurs when some of the scene assets required for rendering are missing, or their paths were not correctly resolved. This can apply to texture maps, proxies, IES profiles, and others.
- Asset paths are pointing to incorrect locations
- The asset files have been removed
- The assets are not missing, but 3ds Max cannot reach them for some reason
- In distributed rendering - DrServer running in administrator mode
- Make sure all the asset paths point to valid locations, and that the assets are present in those locations
- You can use 3ds Max Asset Tracker window (Shift+T) to manage and fix file paths
- In distributed rendering - make sure that DrServer is not running in administrator mode
- Use UNC paths instead of local ones
See: Converting local paths to UNC
Assets missing in distributed rendering
If this problem is reported by a slave during distributed rendering, this may suggest that the slave cannot access the assets, which are accessible for the master PC. In such a case, please open the asset tracking window (Shift+T) and make sure that you are using UNC paths ( \\server\path\ ) instead of local drive paths ( C:\path\ ).
Another possible cause of problems with missing assets is DrServer running in elevated mode (as administrator). Please see: Missing maps/assets - DrServer is running with elevated UAC rights