1. Resetting all material editor's slots to Corona materials in current scene
This can be achieved using the Corona Converter Script which is included in the Universal Corona Installer:
1. Locate the script (3ds max root / scripts / CoronaConverter_vXX.ms )
2. Drag-and-drop the script into 3ds Max viewport
3. Press "Reset MatEdit to CoronaMtls"
Warning! This will reset all the slots in material editor to default Corona materials. You will have to pick materials from scene objects to see them in material editor again and you can lose some materials if they have not been assigned to scene objects.
2. Setting all material editor's default sample slots to Corona materials
This will replace the "standard" 3ds Max material which is loaded as default in the material editor with Corona materials (or any other materials). These materials will be loaded into the material editor each time 3ds Max is restarted or reset.
- Perform the steps listed in "1. Resetting all material editor's slots to Corona materials in current scene" - this will change all of the material editor's samples slots to Corona materials
- Run the following script in 3ds Max - you can either drag-and-drop a .ms file with the script inside, or paste the code into max script editor and evaluate it, you will also need to replace the path where the library is saved with your own save location:
tmpLib = materialLibrary()
for i = 1 to 24 do(
append tmpLib meditmaterials[i]
saveTempMaterialLibrary tmpLib @"C:\path_to_any_folder\Medit.mat"
- Find the newly created Medit.mat file and copy it to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\defaults\MAX - note: you may want to backup the original Medit.mat file before overwriting it.
Note: if you wish, you can save any other materials in the Medit.mat file and they will always load after restarting or resetting 3ds Max. This is useful for example for saving frequently used materials (glass, metal, concrete, etc).
If you are using "initial settings" other than the default ones, you may need to replace the Medit.mat file in a different location, for example:
...\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\defaults\DesignVIZ.mentalray