How to Use Chaos Cosmos Assets - C4D
What is Chaos Cosmos?
Chaos Cosmos is an online asset library that includes high-quality 3D content. It allows you to browse, place, and render 3D assets in your projects. The asset categories span across Furniture, Accessories, People, Vegetation, Vehicles, HDRIs, and more.
Starting from Corona 8, the Chaos Cosmos library is also included with any Corona subscription.
(It is not included for previous Corona Renderer versions)
How to import Chaos Cosmos assets?
Importing any Chaos Cosmos asset is very simple:
- Open the Chaos Cosmos Browser directly from the menu Corona > Cosmos Browser...
- A new window will open, displaying the content of the asset library.
- Before starting browsing the content, make sure you're logged in.
- In case you're not logged in, please sign in using your Corona customer credentials (use your registered email address and your account password).
- Now that everything is ready, you can start browsing the content until you find what you're looking for.
- Once you've found anything that you'd like to import into your scene, you'll first need to download it. To do it, you can either click on the little blue "Download" icon in the upper-right corner of the asset preview image or click on the preview image and a new pop-up window will open where you can click on the blue upper-right button to download the asset:
|The "Download" button on the asset's thumbnail.||The "Download" button on the preview window after clicking on the asset's thumbnail.|
- After the download completes, the little blue "Download" button will turn into a green "Import" button that you must click to import the asset into your scene:
|The "Import" button on the asset's thumbnail.||The "Import" button on the preview window after clicking on the asset's thumbnail.|
- Finally, after clicking the "Import" button you should see a small notification in the lower-right corner letting you know that the asset is being imported:
- Now you can go back to Cinema 4D and place the asset wherever you need it in your scene:
One thing that you should consider at this point is that the Chaos Cosmos asset will be imported as a Corona Proxy object.
To learn more about proxies please visit and read the following guide: How to use proxies - C4D
Here are some possible issues you may encounter and how to resolve them:
- I can't download the assets! (The download button is not visible).
Solution: Sign in using your Corona credentials
- The slave PCs cannot find the assets when sending Distributed Rendering jobs over the LAN.
Solution: Make sure the assets folder is visible to both the master and slave PCs. You can change the "Default Download Folder" by clicking the three dots icon and then clicking on "Settings". You should define a folder that is visible to all the computers through the LAN.
Note: make sure to change the same folder for all the computers in your LAN (master and slave PCs).
- For additional solutions please visit the following link: Chaos Cosmos Troubleshooting